Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Some of my Drawings and Paintings

This is a multi media drawing using Prisma Pencils and markers. Like several of my drawings this began as a demonstration piece for my drawing class. I always like to work right along with my students, so I usually give a short lecture on how-to and then do a demonstration. The kids seem to like that. I never try to teach something to my students that I wouldn't do my self. This piece was just a drawing from my imagination. It almost was like a "doodle" gone wild. lol It is fairly large 24" X 36" unframed. This is a Tiger Fish done in pen and ink and then water colored. The "dots" in the back ground are my finger prints. The fish was drawn in pencil and then masked off, the wet on wet back ground was done and the mask removed, I then drew the details of the fish with pen and ink and water colored the fish using gouache' (opaque) watercolors. I use gouache' a lot. I like the fluidness (is that a word?) of the paint, because it has all of the benefits of watercolor yet it is opaque. I'm not sure that all makes sense but I do love gouache' It is 20" X 26" matted and framed.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

goLinda how I would love to have a class with you - your students are really lucky!!!! Boy oh boy if I "doodled" and achieved anything like this lady I would be so happy!!! and the fish is fantastic,
love the background, amazing what fingers can do lol
Thanks for sharing xx

Casey said...

Your artwork is stunning! I am amazed at how many mediums you work in. What an inspiration!

rosebudinnh said...

wow I love your art work, amzing.. so well thought out and time well spent. Thanks Rose
http://rosebudinnh.spaces.live.com/

Moonwillow said...

OMG! I love the doodle gone wild!

WendyP said...

your doodle gone wild is truly an amazing work of art. Thank you so much for sharing a picture of it!!

hugs wendyp

shauna said...

Love your Doodle Gone Wild! How long did it take you to do that?! It's fantastic! I love the stars in her hair! How did you make such perfect circles for the "medallion" in the lower center section? I, too, love using Prisma and guache. But, I can't actually draw but I do mixed media art. Do realism from me though! I wish I could do even a little of what you do! WOW!
Shauna

shauna said...

Sorry for this second post but my last one was supposed to say NO realism from me. I was so enamored with your art I couldn't type correctly!
Shauna