Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Got a request for more "Fish"

Here is one of my fish drawings. This piece is Prisma pencil. I use all kinds of fish as models, fresh water and salt water, I choose them by color. This particular drawing was started in one of my art classes as a demonstration. The class had been working on perspective and I used the fish as an example of ways to place objects on the paper and give the appearance of 3-D. By making some of the fish larger and some smaller it gives perspective to the drawing. The pic below is a close up of the same drawing. The drawing was done on blue 90 lb. Strathmore pastel drawing paper and it is pretty big, 25" X 32".

3 comments:

Nico Di Mattia said...

Hey Linda! I loved your recent artwork! Very nice, really. I used to draw with those techniques... maybe I have to restart doing some paintings without the digital tablet ;) It would be cool.
See you soon!
Nico

bockel24 said...

Great work, Linda!!

Ina Good said...

I wish I was one of your students!! I love your prisma pencil work...and especially fish since I have relocated to Florida.Do you use a blender with the prisma pencils made for them or something like gamsol for blending..I was just curious...and how beautiful you do these..Do you use layering technicques? I took some pencil drawing classes at college level and my Art teacher came later on to where I worked and wanted to teach me some more pencil refinement on her own but I couldn"t do it then because of working full time and raising a daughter. She asked to keep one of my drawings and showed 2 of them in an art show. I did George Brett from a magazine very small picture and did it on the larger drawing paper. I had someone else try and hide this piece undert his couch..my Daughters friends dad also and had to get it back..I had a hard time drawing people to look like themselves before I took art class with her..animals were also my thing and I loved to do disney cartoons and flowers. I need to try fish drawing since i live here and have lots of species to study. You have given me such inspiration with your drawings. Hugs,Ina