Saturday, January 19, 2008

Another Traveling Journal is on its Journey

These are my pages in a traveling journal that started it's "Journey" in Bexleyheath Kent, UK, and went to Edmonton, Alberta Canada, then came to me in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and is on it's way to Redwood City, California. A journal is a great way to get a glimpse of 10 days in someones life. It is very interesting and entreating. Of course I always think everybody Else's entries are more interesting than mine. But, it is great fun and I get to use all kinds of different art techniques and glazes and stuff like that. I keep a few personal journals of my own also. They are kinda test grounds for the things I like to try in the traveling journals. In this particular journal, each participant starts their own journal and then sends it to the next person on the list. So eventually you get your journal back with everybody having done some pages. They keep the journal for 15 days and work in it for 10 of those 15 days. I think I need to relax a little and just write what I am doing each day. When I read other people's journals, the ones I like the best, seem to be just writing ordinary things and it is very interesting.






9 comments:

Michelle said...

Linda, your journal pics are amazing. Awesome work!

Just Me said...

Beautiful Linda and what a special opportunity. I love the concept. LinLin

Babytreese said...

What an awesome idea and undertaking! I love this and may try it with my family. Thanks so much for posting the pics!! Beautiful...

Seuss's Cat said...

Your pages are wonderful and I feel very proud to have them in my journal - I will relish seeing them in person when it finishing the circle and I look forward to hopefully sending it out to some other people.
Don't worry I like you think the same, that everyone elses pages are better than mine and I was worried that my pages in seren's journal are not very colourful but I am trying to be a bit more open and worry less about what people think with nathalie's journal. I know yours will be round to me soon :)

Mel♥ said...

ooo i really like these!! all the eye candy!!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! What can I say! a marvellous journal, Bexley Heath is not that far from me. I love these pages and I love the writing. A joy to look at...

Karen Campbell said...

Love your journal pages, Linda!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

There is always something new and special going on at your blog, Linda so I like to check and see what you are up to...
Hop on over to my blog, a suprise awaits you :)
Hugs, Gayle.

Val Foster said...

Your journal pages are great - so artistic and interesting. Very inspiring too. I've only dabbled in art journaling, so your pages give me inspiration to try to do more in that area.

How cool it is that you're an art teacher, and that now you're retired and have lots of time to make your own art. That sounds like so much FUN!

I linked to your blog on my blog, and will cruise by here often to see what you're up to. I always like to visit great blogs for the eye-candy and inspiration. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your omment.