Saturday, October 27, 2007

OBA State Band Contest

The PCN Band made finals at the OBA State Contest today, they did a really good job. It is quite an honor to make finals. The band practices a lot of hours and their hard work payed off for them today. Congratulations PCN Panther Pride Band.
This is David Humphreys 1 of the Drum Majors and Susan the Band Director sitting on the Drum Major Podium at a football game.
I did a lot of art work today. Got 10 ATCs in my series "I Wanna Be A Star" I'll try to get them posted tomorrow. Made some back ground papers today like the ones demonstrated in the new issue of Somerset Studio. It has strips of colored magazine pages glued on to card stock and alternating strips of masking tape between the magazine strips. Then you paint it with Golden Liquid Acrylics, then put glue stripes down between the stripes of color this is a technique by
Gail Russakov, mine probably won't turn out as awesome as hers but thought I would give it a try anyway. If it turns out half as good as hers I will post some pics.
Well it is 2:15 in the morning and I need to get some sleep so I guess I will go to bed now.

No comments: