Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"Hump Day"

This Eric getting ready to go on the field. He is a drummer.
This is David he is one of the Drum Majors


Well it is the middle of the week hence "Hump Day". I didn't get time to post yesterday because I was with the band in Lawton, Okla. for the regional band contest. I guess the kids were really tired from their trip to Kansas this past week end, so they didn't march as well as they did in Kansas. But now they are gearing up for the state Band contest at Union High School in Tulsa on Saturday. They all seem to be pretty pumped about going and marching and playing well.

It turned out to be a beautiful day after the cold and wet days that we had Sunday and Monday.

I am really invigorated artistically today. Don't really know why, you know some days are just that way. Went to sleep on the bus on the way home from Lawton yesterday and dreamed about an altered book, so I woke up got a piece of paper and drew it, listed the colors and made some notes about it. That's kinda strange but I hear where it happens to other artist all the time, oh well, "get those ideas any where you can find them", that is my new motto.

I have been collecting pics for a new series of 100 ATCs that I am starting on when I get back home from teaching my drawing for computer games class this evening. Wow, when I write that down it looks like it might be a bigger bite than I can chew, we will see. I just thought that a series would be kinda fun since I have only done individual cards in the past.

No comments: