Monday, November 26, 2007

Some more Backgrounds

These are "faux" Patina strips on watercolor paper, and in the middle is paper dye and Perfect Pearls on watercolor paper. When I have scraps of paper left over I "alter" them and when I have enough I "weave" them all together to make a full page and then I can use them as backgrounds for tip-in pages for Altered Books, or as backgrounds for Collages. Plus they are just to much fun to make. I get to experiment with all of my paints and stuff. A lot of the techniques are from a terrific book by Julia Andrus called "Paper Transformed", (with a few experimental alterations by you know who?)/
These are Rangers Alcohol Inks on plain Card Stock.




These are some ATC Backgrounds. I used paper dye, Perfect Pearls and Luminers on watercolor paper. They will be backgrounds for my "I Wanna Be A Star" Series.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I would love to see an example of your woven scraps background. It sounds really great and I always keep my scraps but never know what to do with them other than using them in layering.