Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Traditions

The pics of the final step "dry brushing" are now posted with the other altered tags on the December 4th Post. Just go to the post list in the left hand column and click on the altered tags post and you will find them there in all their glory.

I am making my infamous "Christmas Baskets" for my family members today and will post some pics of them later today or tomorrow. My kids have always loved their stockings better than their gifts on Christmas morning (after the sausage & egg casserole breakfast of course). It has been our tradition for everyone to bring "Stocking Stuffers" for everyone and fill the Huge Stockings (30" x 20") with all kinds of goodies and small gifts. Of course the grand kids stockings are larger. Since we are all so scattered now and we go to each others homes it is easier for me to make baskets containing all kinds of fun gifts. This year's baskets are an "evening" on mom. They have a restaurant gift card, (Johnny Carinos) a Blockbuster gift card, a 2 liter Soda Pop, a package of micro popcorn, a loaf of specialty bread (home made by grandma) a candle warmer, a jar candle and 2 kitchen towels (to match their kitchen colors, of course). I made big tags that say "Dinner and A Movie Evening Just For You".

It is hard to let go of old traditions, but as the kids grow up and they get kids, things change and NEW Traditions are created. The clue here is that we do grow, all of us, and we have to be pliable. I guess some people have a hard time with that, but the important thing is that we are family and that we love each other "unconditionally".

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a happy holiday no matter what you call it or how you celebrate.

2 comments:

Al said...

I love your "Dinner on Mom" basket idea! Very thoughtful. And I agree that beginning new traditions is very important as times change and sometimes it is more stressful to try to keep old traditions.

Unknown said...

This is the most fantastic present I have ever heard of, such a neat idea - maybe I will use that sometime xxxx
traditions are important, but it is also good to embrace change too