Tuesday, September 18, 2007

New Computer Boogle

Well, I got a new computer last week, and it is to fantastic, but it has all the bells and whistles and it just takes time to get every thing lined out. It has a 20" monitor (every thing is hugh, the ball on Lexor are the size of ping pong balls, it seems like) and I can really see every bodies art

work really good. What fun! It is really exciting to be learning so much about the cyber world

at my age. The only part I hate is that it is like renting a movie, you have to watch all of the previews and the commercials, because everybody wants you to buy something. There is "stuff" you have to buy extra, like Windows Word, well having a computer without word is like buying a car without a steering wheel {you would think , if you buy something for over $1000 dollars they would provide the necessities to be able to use it}. OK so much for the gripping part.

I have been working on my new book and it is almost finished. I guess the reason it is taking me so long is because of my compulsiveness for details. I don't know, but it is going to be a duzzy when I finish. I have also been carving some new bird stamps that I like a lot, they are for my next book, it will be a bird book. DUH!

My drawing class, that I teach at Rose State College, is going really well. I introduced my students to an amazing young artist from Cordoba, Argentina, Nico DiMattia and they just about flipped. So I thought wouldn't it be wonderful if I could get Nico to come to the US and show them how he does his art. I e-mailed him and he was really interested. When I told my class that Nico might get to come to Oklahoma they were delighted. He won't be able to come until the spring of 08 because it takes such a long time to get a Visa. I talked to the head of my department and she wants to make a credited workshop out of his visit and invite all of the Universities, and who ever else wants to come. It will be a lot of details to attend to but what a great thing for everyone. I am going to try to post one of Nico's demos from you tube on this blog to help create interest. But if you would like to see his work before then you can go to YouTube and type in Speed Painting, and then click on his video (he has several) or go to his web site.

No comments: