Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ella's Music Tree

This is my grand daughter Ella...I had posted some of her collage art work previously, you can see it in the older posts...I am so proud to tell everyone that her "Music Tree"
collage won 1st place in the Mid-Del School District "Visions" Art Contest, and her "Flower" collage won 2nd place in it's category...Ella is in 1st Grade and this is the 3rd year in a row for her art work to win 1st place for her age group. When she was in
Pre-K and in Kindergarten she had her work chosen for a state wide exhibit...She is quite the artist.

She loves to come to "GA's" house for an "Art Weekend".... I want to tell you how I got the name GA. When my grand daughter Katlin was little,(she is now 13) her brain worked faster than her mouth, so she shortened most of her words, my other grand children all called me Grandma,(I have 7 grand children) anyway Katlin shortened Grandma to GA...and that name stuck. So, of course, when Ella (she is now 7) came along she picked up on that and now they all call me "GA" It is really pretty cool, and definitely unique. I really wanted my grand children to call me "Mammie" because that is what we called my grand mother and I always loved that name...but you know how children are? No NanNa or MamMa or Mammie for me...it is great to be "GA" Ella is so beautiful, smart and artistic. I snapped this pic of her on my porch, in her "1st Day of School Dress". God blessed us and God blessed her when He gave her to us. Ella is adopted and we were lucky enough to be there when she was born, and my daughter got to be in the delivery room with Ella's birth mother, so my daughter was the first one to hold her, and a few days later we took Ella home...now if that isn't a blessing, I don't know what is....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

GA you have every reason to be proud of the beautiful, talented Ella. How awesome that she WON!!! that is fantastic...
Who knows SHE made end up being an art teacher like her beloved GA... now wouldn't that be a blesssing!
Tell her HUGE congratulations from me xxxxx

morningDove said...

oh you made me cry with this wonderful story. She is a beauty and a gift from God no doubt. How wonderful she is such a success already as a young artist and special time with GA.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What an adorable granddaughter you have, Linda...so pretty among the flowers too. GA is a great short form for grandma...too cute. I am a Nana too and just had 2 of my 3 grandchildren here with me this past week. They don't live here so my son brought them Monday and picked them up yesterday....it was wonderful having them.

Sandie R said...

Not a grandma yet but I can imagine how proud you are of your grandaoughter and her achievments in the art world. She is a real beauty sitting amoung the flowers. Let her know I congratulate her as well.