Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ella's Art Work

This is a mixed media collage done by my 7 year old grand daughter Ella. She is a budding artist...and loves to do ART. I gave her some printed paper, stickers, stamps, fibers, a hole punch and a key and this is what she came up with. She really likes glitter (I wonder where she got that?). She is letting me teach her how to tear paper instead of cutting. This is a collage Ella did by tearing and cutting the paper. She really prefers to cut, but is trying her hand at tearing. I think she likes having more control with scissors than tearing. I just can't imagine where she gets that wanting to control stuff from....lol...I think she is really artistic...she also paints in acrylics and water color and loves to "just draw" with colored pencils and markers.

3 comments:

Christy said...

These are lovely Linda. I especially love the flower and her use of the patterns. Me thinks having an art teacher as your mentor probably helps just a tad. -Christy

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Tell Ella that her art is beautiful...I picked a favorite..the first one...awesome colors and such an interesting piece of art! Well done!

Unknown said...

Ella you are a very talented young lady, how lucky your grandmother is to have you around to keep her company in her art room - and for having such a good pupil lol
keep it up xxxx hugs