Sunday, November 4, 2007

Just have to tell ya.

This is Joe DeLozier he owns DeLozier Auto Service. Joe's kids were in my art class when I taught at PCNorth High School, they are all grown up now and his son is a teacher in Piedmont. His daughter is a nurse. I have taken my car to his for just about everything since before David died. The whole family have been really good friends to me for over 10 years. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and I thank God everyday for all of my friends.






I just have to tell ya about my great treasures that I found in the driveway at Delozier Auto Service when I took the car to have the oil changed. Every collage and altered artist I know would just drool. Of course Joe Delozier couldn't believe I would pick all of this "junk" up to use in my art work, but there are pieces of rusty metal, washers (some rusty, some shiny but all flattened by being run over by all the cars), rusty wires in all kinds of shapes, strange pieces of metal in shapes that I can't imagine what they would be used on a car and little "diode" looking things that have bright colors on them, I picked up 2 envelopes full of "treasures". Then I photographed some racks in his garage that hold spools of bright colored wire.









No comments: